Certificate Course on Home Health Aide
Home Health AIDE (HHA) has been designed to enrich knowledge & skills of different stakeholders including medical & non -medical personnel who are either engaged or planning to build their careers as old age mentors and care providers.
This certificate course has been specially tailored for skill enhancement of personnel providing geriatric care namely medical social workers, nurses & for personnel opting to take up career in the area of health care of elderly in both institutional and non institutional settings.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :
- Minimum 10th pass from central board or any recognized state board. Eligibility can be relaxed in special circumstances.
Course Pedagogy (in line with global practices):
- Course content approved by Healthcare Sector Skill Council, a non statutory body of Govt. of India.
- Course Pedagogy (in line with global practices): Differentiator 50% theory and 50% application based online teaching.
- Application based online teaching through virtual class rooms, white board, webinars, E-group work / presentation, live lectures by subject experts, chats, instant messaging, blogs screen shares, project work.
- Contact program for onsite learning
- Reference subject content through E library.
- Credits based teaching outcomes for global application.
- Population ageing and demographic transition
- Physiology of ageing
- Psychological changes during ageing process
- Life course perspective of ageing
- Reducing vulnerability among elderly and utilizing them as a potential resource
- Common health problems of the elderly
- Functionality, disability and rehabilitation needs of the elderly
- Policies, programs and legislations for elderly
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Better prepared and better equipped to diagnose and treat elderly patients
- Improved capabilities to take care of the needs of the elderly
- Value addition to the professional profile
- Better chances of promotions appraisals
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Visit to PHC/CHC/Old age Home/Dispensary
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
Who Can Join?
- Medical Social Worker
- Para Medical Worker
- Frontline Healthcare Workers
- Professionals pursuing alternate system of medicine
- Any person taking care of the elderly
Successful candidates will be awarded a joint certificate by Astron Institute of Social Sciences, Health sector Skill Council, promoted by Govt. of India and International Accreditation Organization, USA.