HOME HEALTH AIDE
Home Health Aide (HHA) has been designed to enrich knowledge & skills of different stakeholders including medical & non -medical personnel who are either engaged or planning to build their careers as old age mentors and care providers.
This certificate course has been specially tailored for skill enhancement of personnel providing geriatric care namely medical social workers, nurses & for personnel opting to take up career in the area of health care of elderly in both institutional and non institutional settings.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here : Click Here
- Basic knowledge of computer
3 Months online course with 2 days contact programme supported by local expert faculty and exposure visit.
- Online access to course content.
- Online group discussion
- Student faculty chat
- E– Library
- Population ageing and demographic transition
- Physiology of ageing
- Psychological changes during ageing process
- Life course perspective of ageing
- Reducing vulnerability among elderly and utilizing them as a potential resource
- Common health problems of the elderly
- Functionality, disability and rehabilitation needs of the elderly
- Policies, programs and legislations for elderly
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Better prepared and better equipped to diagnose and treat elderly patients
- Improved capabilities to take care of the needs of the elderly
- Value addition to the professional profile
- Better chances of promotions appraisals
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Visit to PHC/CHC/Old age Home/Dispensary
- Group work
- Case studies
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
Successful candidates will be awarded a joint certificate by Astron Institute of Social Sciences, Health sector Skill Council, promoted by Govt. of India and International Accreditation Organization, USA.