CERTIFICATE COURSE IN GERIATRIC MEDICINE
Geriatrics is a branch of medicine concerned with the clinical, preventive, remedial and psycho-social aspects of illness in old age. The challenges of frailty, complex comorbidity, different pattern of disease presentation, slower response to treatment and requirements for social support call for special medical skills.
At its core, geriatrics requires comprehensive assessment of normal elderly as well as ill elderly and disabled people. This involves doctors having a close interdisciplinary working with nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers and many other health professionals to ensure that old people receive the highest possible level of care.
For the purpose of training, Geriatrics is divided into:
- Geriatric Medicine, a branch of Internal Medicine which is still in its infancy, deals with up skilling doctors into the diagnosis, treatment and care of elderly in contrast to the general adult population.
- The certificate course in Geriatric Medicine offers physicians and nurses an opportunity to upgrade their skills in managing elderly patients. Through our Programme, we develop professionally updated and culturally sensitive doctors who can deliver better outcomes in terms of medical services and patient satisfaction while dealing with elderly patients.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :
- Medical Professionals
- Age no bar
- Basic Knowledge of computer
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Better prepared and equipped to diagnose and treat elderly
- Improved efficiency in delivery of need based care of the elderly
- AISS accredited by International Accreditation Organization.
- Course Pedagogy (in line with global practices): Differentiator - 50% theory and 50% application based teaching.
- Application based teaching comprising of white board, virtual classroom, Webinars, E Group work / presentation, Live lectures by subject experts, Chats, Instant messaging, blogs screen shares, Project work.
- Reference subject content through E library.
- Each block culminating into a qualifying assignment.
- Credits based teaching outcomes for global application.
- What is ageing
- Bodily changes related to ageing
- Social ,spiritual & psychological aspects of ageing
- General aspects of the care of elderly
- Special aspects of the care of elderly
- Abuse of the elderly
- Medication in old age
- Education & training
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Old age home/ Geriatric ward of a hospital
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
Who Can Join?
- Medical practitioners/ professionals from all systems of Medicine
Successful candidates will be awarded a joint certificate by Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.