Certificate Program in Diabetes Educator has been designed to respond to the global epidemic on obesity and diabetes. To address immense challenge presented by this disease, our country needs well qualified and trained professionals on diabetes care. This program focuses on developing the skills of individuals to be able to work in multidisciplinary teams and display collaborative approach towards the management of diabetes. Certificate Program in Diabetes Educator is a threemonths full time program that prepares candidates to provide competent care to patients and families with the management and control of diabetes. The program has a blended approach encompassing both theory and clinical aspects offered through classroom sessions, skill Lab sessions and On-the-job training. The program has been structured to provide progressive group learning among students enrolled through case studies, presentations and group work.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here: Click Here
- 10+2 with/without science.
4 months Course
- 3 months Online classes
- 1 month Hospital Training with a Diabetes Specialist/Endocrinologist.
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Academic excellence, enhanced skills and capabilities in managing life style diseases.
- Ability to manage diabetes clinic along with the Endocrinologist.
- Ability to serve as lifestyle practitioner in any diabetes clinic/hospital.
- Program Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices.
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and skill Lab by subject experts and market leaders.
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
- Basic Science of Diabetes and Vascular Disease
- Human Physiological and Metabolic Assessment
- Clinical Aspects of Diabetes
- Complications of Diabetes
- Dietary counselling in diabetic patients
- Special Populations and Issues impacted by diabetes
- Presentation Methodologies and Safety processes in relation to diabetes
- Stress Management
- Diabetes Management and Counselling
- Communication and Presentation of diabetes care
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with Certificate from Healthcare Sector Skill council,Govt of India and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.