Faculty – Medical Laws And Bioethics
Mr. Sudhir Mishra
Quick Bio :Mr Sudhir Mishra- Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Founding and Managing Partner Trust Legal, Advocates and Consultants, practicing since 1998. (To know more about the firm, please visit http://www.trustlegal.in/
Mr. Sudhir Mishra is one of the pioneer advocates in the healthcare sector and is frequently advising hospitals, clinics, healthcare funds, pharmaceutical and medical appliance companies, etc. on various issues including expansion of hospitals, their funding through foreign direct investment, private equity or structured debt financing, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, operation and management rights, their representations before the Medical Council of India, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, and court related issues etc.
At present over 30 hospital chains, clinics, healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and medical appliance companies are being represented by Mr. Mishra and his team, few representations are mentioned herein below –
- Represented Delhi Voluntary Hospitals Forum (an association of about 40 hospitals in Delhi-NCR) in a closely contested Writ Petition pertaining to the CGHS issue in the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
- Represented a high stake matter and various other healthcare related matters with Association of Healthcare Providers (India) at the High Court of Delhi and other judicial forums.
- Represents Kailash Group of Hospitals, a chain of super specialty hospital, for more than fifteen years now before the Hon’ble Supreme Court and district courts in Delhi, High Courts at Allahabad and at Delhi, National and State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions.
- Representing NOVA Medical Centres for its various issues including but not limited to commercial agreements, approvals from authorities, legal opinion, legal advisory and other medico-legal issues, more specifically for issues pertaining to FIBP approvals, acquisition/takeover of hospitals, legal audit and comprehensive due diligences, etc.
- Mr. Mishra was selected for one of the US Government’s most prestigious professional exchange programs for foreign opinion makers called “International Visitors Leadership Programme (IVLP)” sponsored by the United States of America in May 2005.
- Mr. Mishra is a member of the International Section Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA).
- Mr. Mishra was also appointed as the “India Coordinator” and “Co-chair, New Delhi” of the International Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) in March, 2011.
Ms. Ritwika Nanda
Quick Bio :Ms Ritwika Nanda- Partner, Trust Legal, Advocates and Consultants and holds LL.M degree in International Business Laws from University College London, United Kingdom.
Ms. Nanda heads the Corporate Law Practice in Healthcare and Environment sectors of the firm. Ms. Nanda has gained immense experience in Medico-legal litigation, matters of medical negligence, ethical liability, regulatory compliances and documentation for healthcare institutions, legal documentations, vetting of documents, Hospital mergers, acquisitions and takeovers and collaborations, Private equity, debt-funding, foreign investment advisory, Human resource & management issues with trusts, healthcare institutions, Due diligence of the healthcare clinics/hospitals, title search, Labor law issues, workman compensation, ESI, PF, etc. As an essential part of the firm, Ms. Nanda has been working on all the major healthcare related matters for renowned hospitals, clinics, healthcare associations and few individual clients.
Ms. Petal Chandhok
Quick Bio :Ms Petal Chandhok- Senior Associate, Trust Legal, Advocates and Consultants. Ms. Chandhok co-handles the Corporate Law Practice in Healthcare and Environment sectors of the firm.
Ms. Chandhok specializes in Human resource & management issues with healthcare institutions and other such organizations and assists major clients of the healthcare industry on a day to day basis. Ms. Chandhok also has experience in conducting due diligence of the healthcare clinics/hospitals, title search and assists and appears for various hospitals and healthcare institutions
Dr. Sunil Khetrapal
Quick Bio :Having experience of nearly 28 years in Healthcare industry with exclusive experience across the entire areas of Hospital Operations and Management including General Administration, Medical and Support Services, Management of Physicians’ affairs, Nursing and Paramedic staff, Strategic planning & Policy decisions, Business Development
and Marketing, Quality & NABH and NABL Accreditation, Academics and Medico legal issues. Currently working as “Chief Operating Officer” (COO) – MP region with Shalby Hospitals looking after their two units at Indore and Jabalpur. I am based at Indore. Having Academic Degrees in Medical Law, Hospital Administration & Hospital Management