Medical Record and Health Information Technician
Medical Records & Health Information Technician (MRHIT) is the science of managing all information related to the operation of a Health care Facility. This includes filing and storing patient charts, scanning medical records, ensuring adherence to regulations and retention schedule, and managing the destruction of medical records after their skill building retention period.
This certificate course has been specially tailored for skill enhancement of personnel providing Medical Records services and for personnel opting to take up medical records management as a career in the field of healthcare.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here : Click Here
Minimum eligibility is 10+2 (with or without science stream)
3 Months Certificate course
1 Year Course
- 9 Months Online Classes
- 3 Months Hospital Training.
- Program pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work
- Webinar, student-faculty chat, online group discussions, virtual class rooms, white board
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of-art library with latest resources
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning
- Guided article review and case presentations
- Introduction, Values, Purposes and Uses of Medical Records.
- Documentation of Records (Indexes / Registers).
- Birth, Death, Registration and Correction in Record.
- Medical Ethics and Legal Aspects of Medical Records.
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) and Related Health Problems.
- Medical Coding
- Electronic Medical Record/ Hospital Information System.
- Contents and Components of Medical Record.
- Numbering, Filing and Retrieval of Medical Records.
- Retention, Preservation and Destruction of Medical Records.
- Medico-Legal Cases.
- Hospital Statistics.
- Case Studies
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Visit to MRD, hospital
- Group work
- Case studies
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
At the end of the program the student will be awarded a Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA