Operation Theatre Technician
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology has been designed to ensure that the candidate gains adequate expertise to be a part of the surgical team. This diploma prepares the technician to be fully conversant with the functioning of the operation theatre and the surgical procedures undertaken in the OT. They are trained to maintain the OT equipment and instruments, check the infection control practices and status of sterilization of the OT and also ensure its smooth functioning. A trained OT technician is the most important element of the surgical team. The two years diploma program has been structured to provide progressive group learning among the students enrolled through case studies, presentations and group work.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here: Click Here
- Minimum eligibility 10+2 with any stream for 2 years Diploma Program, however science stream would be preferred.
2 YEARS DIPLOMA PROGRAM
- 6 Months Theory classes
- 1.5 years Hospital Training.
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Enhanced skills and capabilities as Operation Theatre Technician
- Leadership capabilities to supervise and lead the operation theatre team
- Sound technical knowledge and skills to handle complex OT equipment
- Recognised by Indian Medical Association(IMA).
- Accredited by International Accreditation Organization, USA.
- Course Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices.
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders.
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
- Introduction to Operation Theatre Technology
- Basic OT and Anaesthesia Equipment & Drugs
- Post Anaesthesia Care Unit(PACU)
- Inventory Maintenance
- Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
- OT Maintenance
- Medical Law and Bio-ethics
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with a Joint Certificate, Indian Medical Association, Astron Institute of Social Sciences, International Accreditation Organization, USA.