Diploma program in Anaesthesia Technician has been designed to bridge the gap in anaesthesia practices and develop technicians skilled in critical anaesthesia judgement. Their role is to monitor patient status, prepare medication and check blood lines.
An Anaesthesia Technician is a trained paramedical professional who assists anaesthesiologists in facilitating anaesthesia to a patient. They are a vital member of anaesthesia care team in the emergency, operating or delivery room. They are an expert in acquisition, preparation and application of medical equipment and instruments as needed during anaesthesia care. Apart from anaesthesia, a technician also specializes in basics of pharmacology, medical ethics, surgical procedures and transportation of the patients in OT. They are skilled to respond to all types of patient situations, interpret data from medical equipment and determine correct dosages of anaesthetic drugs.
- Minimum eligibility is 10+2 from Central or State board with Science
One Year (9 months theory classes and 3 months hospital training)
- Program pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practice
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work
- Webinar, student- faculty chat , online group discussions , virtual class rooms
- Evaluation by self assessment ,term end assessment & project work
- E –library with latest resources
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning
Who Can Join ?
- 10+2 passed students
- Anatomy & physiology
- Introduction to anaesthesia
- Operation theatre
- Introduction to equipment & devices
- Anaesthesia machine
- Common procedures in anaesthesia practice
- Methods of drug administration
- Setting up of intravenous drips & infusion pumps
- Post-operative complications
- Intensive care unit
Highlights Of Contact Program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching aids
- Group work
- Case studies
At the end of the program the student will be awarded a Certification from Astron Institute of Social sciences.