CERTIFICATE COURSE IN GERIATRIC MEDICINE
Geriatrics is a branch of medicine concerned with the clinical, preventive, remedial and psycho-social aspects of illness in old age. The challenges of frailty, complex comorbidity, different pattern of disease presentation, slower response to treatment and requirements for social support call for special medical skills.
At its core, geriatrics requires comprehensive assessment of normal elderly as well as ill elderly and disabled people. This involves doctors having a close interdisciplinary working with nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers and many other health professionals to ensure that old people receive the highest possible level of care.
For the purpose of training, Geriatrics is divided into:
- Geriatric Medicine, a branch of Internal Medicine which is still in its infancy, deals with up skilling doctors into the diagnosis, treatment and care of elderly in contrast to the general adult population.
- The certificate course in Geriatric Medicine offers physicians and nurses an opportunity to upgrade their skills in managing elderly patients. Through our Programme, we develop professionally updated and culturally sensitive doctors who can deliver better outcomes in terms of medical services and patient satisfaction while dealing with elderly patients.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here : Click Here
- Medical Professionals
- Age no bar
- Basic Knowledge of computer
3 Months online course with 2 days contact programme supported by local expert faculty and exposure visit.
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Better prepared and equipped to diagnose and treat elderly
- Improved efficiency in delivery of need based care of the elderly
- Online access to course content.
- Online group discussion
- Student faculty chat
- E– Library
- Certification by Astron Institute of Social Sciences, International Accreditation Organization, USA.
- What is ageing
- Bodily changes related to ageing
- Social ,spiritual & psychological aspects of ageing
- General aspects of the care of elderly
- Special aspects of the care of elderly
- Abuse of the elderly
- Medication in old age
- Education & training
Who Can Join ?
- Medical practitioner / Professional from all system of medicine
- Nursing professional
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Old age home/ Geriatric ward of a hospital
- Group work
- Case studies
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate by Astron Institute of Social Sciences.