Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician
To meet the burgeoning shortage of qualified and well trained Medical Laboratory technicians in India, AISS has conceptualized Certificate and Diploma programs in Medical Laboratory Technology. The Diploma Program is based on the guidelines and standards of Indian medical Association. Diploma program is 2 years full time programe that prepares individuals to perform complex investigations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. The program has a blended approach encompassing both theory and clinical aspects and offers live classroom sessions, skill Lab, on-the-job training and internship. The program has been structured to provide progressive group learning among the students enrolled through case studies, assignments, presentations and group work.Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :- Click Here
Who is a Medical Laboratory Technician?
Medical Laboratory Technician is an allied healthcare professional who is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of laboratory tests. The Medical Laboratory Technician is a vital component of the laboratory set up and assists the microbiologist and pathologist in streamlining operations of the laboratory functions. Medical Laboratory Technicians handle tissue and fluid samples, analyse them to generate data used by doctors or researchers for a variety of purposes.
To provide premiere education and training through blended learning in the area of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- To provide essential knowledge and skills in all aspects of laboratory technology.
- To understand the functioning, maintenance, monitoring and safety aspects of laboratory equipment.
- To enable individuals demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and problem solving ability in laboratory working.
- To acquire advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
Minimum eligibility is 10+2 from Central or State board with Science Stream, Level 3 Phlebotomy with experience of minimum three years in the laboratory set-up.
1 Year Diploma Program
- 9 Months Theory classes
- 3 Months Hospital Training
- Medical Terminology
- Basic Laboratory Procedures
- Clinical Pathology
- Cellular Biotechnology
- Computer Applications in the Laboratory
- Program Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with National occupational Standards and Global practices.
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for Self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
The programme will be a balanced mix of lectures, experience sharing, real life case studies, case presentation, extensive computer exercises (handson) and project work.
Evaluation and Grading
- Classroom Assessment
- Project Work
- Group Work
- Case Presentation
- Article Review
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with a Certificate from Astron Institute of Social Sciences.