Endoscopy Technician diploma program provides students with the knowledge and skills required to work as an endoscopy technician (also known as a GI technician or a GI endoscopy technician). Endoscopy technicians assist physicians and nurses with endoscopy procedures and other minimally invasive procedures.Endoscopy involves looking inside the body for medical reasons by use of an endoscope. This is an instrument used to examine the interior of a hollow organ or cavity of the body. Unlike mostof other medical imaging devices, endoscopes are inserted directly into a body organ, tract or system.Endoscopy technician helps in preparing and caring for the medical instruments and equipment used during endoscopic procedures and also responsible for maintaining examination areas clean by setting up room and cleaning instruments .Students enrolled in this program will learn how to assist in a variety of endoscopic procedures. The training will also cover sterilization techniques, including the proper method for decontaminating and sterilizing medical instrumentation and equipment. Students will gain a solid understanding of microbiology and infection control. Other topics covered in this program include basic anatomy, physiology, surgical instrumentation and sterile processing environments.
Minimum eligibility is 10+2 from Central or State board.
One Year (6 months theory classes and 6 months hospital training)
- Program pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practice
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work
- Continuous Internal Assessment of students
- Weekly tests / Monthly exams
- Project Work&Group Work
- Practical / viva
- Students are encouraged for self-directed learning
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to endoscope and its basic theory
- Sterilization & sepsis
- Disinfection of endoscopes
- Endoscopy room equipment and maintenance
- Diagnostic and therapeutic care
- Colonoscopy/sigmoidoscopy procedures
- Diagnostic Endoscopic procedures
- Safety & sedation during endoscopy
- Diagnostic ERCP procedure
- Infection control
- Biomedical waste management
WHO CAN JOIN?
10+2 passed students