Medical Records And Health Information Technician
MEDICAL RECORDS AND HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN
Medical Records and Health Information Technicians (MRHIT) is the science of managing all information related to the operations of a Healthcare Facility. This includes filing and storing patient charts, scanning medical records, ensuring adherence to regulations and retention schedules, and managing the destruction of medical records after their retention period.
This certificate course has been specially tailored for his skill enhancement of personnel providing medical records services and for personnel opting to take up medical records management as a career in the field of healthcare.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here : Click Here
To enhance technical skills/work efficiency in the following core areas of health facility management through manual and electronic records:
- Management of inpatient and outpatient medical records
- Management of inpatient and outpatient department registration services
- Generating hospital statistics including bed occupancy rate, bad turnover rate, average length of stay and cost for patient per bed per
- Generating morbidity and mortality statistics by ICD-10 coding of diseases and diagnostic indexing.
- Filing and retrieval of medical records
- Legal aspects of medical records
- Facilitating Medical audit
- Accurate Record Keeping
- Minimum 10 + 2 pass from Central Board or any recognized state board.
2 Years Diploma Program
- 6 Months Theory classes
- 1.5 Years Hospital Training
1 Year Diploma Program
- 6 Months Theory classes
- 6 Months Hospital Training
The course content has been grouped in the following six blocks for execution in three terms of one month each:
- Medical Records Science
- Human sciences in relation to Medical Records.
- Medical Terminology
- International classification of diseases and related health 111 problems-Medical Coding
- Legal and ethical aspects of Medical Records.Each block culminating into a qualifying assignment.
- Course Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices.
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders.
- On the job training in state of the art healthcare facilities.
- State of the Art Library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
Evaluation and Grading
- Classroom Assessment
- Project Work
- Group Work
- Case Presentation
- Article Review
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences.