Radiology is a type of medical imaging that doctors use to diagnose conditions ranging from broken bones to tumours. The image is obtained by a Radiology Technician which helps doctors to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries with greater accuracy and finesse. Certificate and Diploma Program in Radiology Technology has been conceptualised to teach the candidates the basic role of a radiology technician within a healthcare setting and usage of radiology equipment. The program is designed to offer lecture based sessions, skill lab sessions and on-the-job training. Certificate program in Radiology Technology is a 9 months full time program while the Diploma program in Radiology Technology is 2 years full time program that prepares an individual for the position of a radiology equipment opera tor. The program has a blended approach encompassing both theory and clinical aspects. The program has been structured to provide progressive group learning among the students enrolled through case studies, presentations and group work. The program in Radiology Technology not only trains the students to work as radiology technician, but also prepares him/her for supervisory, managerial and a mentoring positions within a healthcare setting.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here : Click Here
- Minimum eligibility 10+2 with any stream for 2 years Diploma Program, however science stream would be preferred.
2 Years Diploma Program
- 6 Months Theory classes
- 1.5 Years Hospital Training
1 Year Diploma Program
- 6 Months Theory classes
- 6 Months Hospital Training
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Academic excellence and enhanced skills in Radiology technology
- Sound technical knowledge and skill to operate and handle sophisticated radiology equipment
- Program Pedagogy with a blended approach and in line with global practices.
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and Skill Lab by subject experts and market leaders.
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
- Radiation Biology and Radiation Physics
- Basics of Anatomy and Physiology
- Radiology Equipment
- Radiographic Procedures
- Imaging Analysis
- Radiation Safety
- Infection Control Practices & Bio-medical waste Management
- Patient Care and Positioning
- Administrative Skills & Communication Skills
Evaluation and Grading
- Classroom Assessment
- Project Work
- Group Work Case Presentation
- Article Review
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with a Certificate, Astron Institute of Social Sciences.